Due to the large EPMC Europe network in the ports of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Antwerp, the Consultancy department is involved by its affiliates in their scheduling at a very early stage. Specialised in port-related projects, this department supports and advises its customers in developing investment plans and provides logistics solutions for the storage and handling of containers and bulk materials.
With years of experience in service and maintenance at the various terminals, combined with its existing knowledge in the design and manufacture of Material Handling Equipment, this division supports our customers in the development and elaboration of large investment projects.
This support consists, inter alia, of the following:
- Preparation of the technical program of requirements (specification) in accordance with applicable relevant European standards;
- Implementation of the application process and the preparation of the comparison of quotes from the various tenderers for the purposes of management review;
- Guidance (technical and commercial) for customers in the tendering process;
- After tendering, carrying out the design review of the system, with special attention given to compliance with the applicable standards, good service and maintenance capabilities and safety of the system in operation;
- Advice concerning performing third party inspection during manufacturing;
- Preparation of snagging list, testing and handover of the system.